Please read the below article if you are looking into replacing a missing tooth.
Dental crowns can restore teeth otherwise not restorable with filling. A dental crown is bonded over a tooth restoring it to better than it originally was.
Porcelain crowns or dental crowns are the strongest dental restoration. They protect the entire surface from decay, damage or erosion. They can make your teeth look and feel brand new.
Dental crown indication
- A dental crown is often needed to protect teeth after root canal treatment.
- Badly damaged teeth are best protected with dental crowns.
- Severe tooth wear from erosion or grinding of teeth.
- Discoloured large fillings can be cosmetically enhanced and protected with porcelain crowns.
Types of dental crowns
Dental crowns are usually made of:
- Porcelain bonded to a metal alloy. Conventional strong long-lasting crowns.
- Gold crowns. Increasingly rare nowadays but very long-lasting and used in very strong and ‘tight’ bite situations.
- Porcelain crowns. For the best cosmetic results, porcelain crowns or ceramic crowns can provide a very natural appearance.
This then means they can hold crowns or dentures as a root would normally support the teeth.
Generally, to get a dental implant you would visit a specialist implatologist. Implant specialists undergo years of training in order to perform this intricate procedure.
The most common kind of implant is a single tooth implant which is put in to replace one tooth. While this is the most common kind of implant, it is still recommended that you see a specialist.
Dental implants Thames Ditton specialists Gentle Dental are an implant and cosmetic centre that offer this procedure as well as a number of others, take a look at their website to find out more about the process.
How Can I find a Specialist?
The best way to find the right dental professional for you is to do a good amount of research, look up their reviews, book a consultation and speak to other people that have used their service.
At the end of the day, you want your money to be spent wisely with the perfect outcome so it is something that should take time and careful consideration.